The objective is to log changes to the application configuration settings. The application Data Access Layer already has an audit provider at most lowest layer of the API. The following types of changes are recorded:
- Change to a configuration setting
- Removal of items, for example removal of a workflow step, data type…..any item within the configuration
- Change to an existing item
The above list is based on priority. For any of the above items, the following are tracked:
The user interface to manage the audit history is displayed within the following menu structure, after the “Status”.
The Audit history UI is similar to the “Error” log.
Audit log has been implemented to track the updates for the following features.
- Main Dashboard
- Dashboard widgets
- Event definition (Update/Remove)
- Event Handlers (Update/Remove)
- View Events (Clear)
- WebHooks (Update/Remove)
- Workflow Instances (Remove By selected/All)
- Form Instances (Remove By selected/All)
- Events (Remove By selected/All)
- User data modified (edit,remove,set password,active inactive)
- User role is removed/modified
- User connectors edit/remove
- View Logins (clear login data by option)
- View Invalid logins(clear login data by option)
- Delete of database connection
- oAuth Sources Update/Remove
- Manage RabbitMQ Connection
- FTP connection Update/Remove
- SFTP connection
- MSMQ Connection
- Distributed File storage
- Template Steps
- Business Objects
- Step Categories
- Form Widgets and categories
- Decision Tables
- Log (Clear by option)
- Email queue (Clear by option)
- Queue Management(Rename/Remove)
- LookUp data
- Email Templates (Rename/Remove)
- Table extensions (Update/Remove)
- Table Columns(Update/Remove)
- Configure Applications
View Audit Log
View audit log table by default list last 10 items sorted by CreatedOn date column. Select the drop-down to view the list with options. Click on the column headers to sort the log table based on the columns. For e.g: the Action Type column has these options viz. (download / information / remove / update) to categorize and display the log. The total number of log items are visible as information (above Search).
Click on table refersh icon to refresh the audit log. The Search functions provides a text search on all columns in the table.
Export Audit Log
Select "Export" menu and choose menu option to export/download the audit log information as XML / XLS / PDF to local system download folder.
Import Audit Log
Select "Import" menu to import the audit log as XML.
Clear Audit Log
Select "Clear" menu to clear the audit log by options viz. Today / All / Selected. Click to select an audit log from the table to clear selectively. Click on table refersh icon to refresh the audit log. The audit log is automatically cleared by a scheduled job when the list of items exceed 500 in count.
Send Audit Log to Support
Select a single audit log item or all items and send to support to help investigate any application issues.