Specially Production environments must be monitored and maintained by customer Information Technology (IT) services. As the FlowWright environment is used, the following items may grow in size:
- Database server - database will grow in size
- Application server - drive space will get reduced due to the following:
- as file attachments are uploaded in forms
- as processes are rendered
- as documents are generated
Given the above storage reductions, we strongly advice to have System monitors setup for the following on both servers, Application and database:
- Low drive space monitoring
- Low memory monitoring
- High CPU use
Typically the database is set to grow by 10% of its current size, so if the database is 250 GB, when it grows, it will grow by 25 GB to a size of 275 GB.
Depending on the level of logging on the database, transaction logs could grow to be very large. Transaction logs are very important as backups or in data recovery, restore events. We suggest backing up the transaction log hourly or daily as an incremental backup and once its backed up, purging the transaction log.
Database backups are very important, depending on your infrastructure and organization backup policies, we recommend the following:
- Full backup on Sunday, and incremental backups on all other days
- Full backup every day
Application server should be backed up daily, since its file system contains uploaded files and generated files, these should be part of the backup incase of a system failure.
With the help of FlowWright's configuration and Statistical service, FlowWright will perform automatic clean up. But you can also clean up the following directories manually.
- C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cDevWorkflow\images\Temp - this is where temporary images are generated when rendering processes
- C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cDevWorkflow\DocReport\output - this is where documents are generated and stored, you can remove any documents older than 30 days
FlowWright's subscription license is valid for 1 year, you can view the licensing information once you login to FlowWright as an Administrative user and navigate to the Status menu. FlowWright will try to notify Administrative users by email notification about the license expiration (only if the server has access to the internet). Otherwise, IT will have to work with Procurement to renew the FlowWright license before it expires.
Server's running out of hard drive space is one of the most common issues we see, IT should be able to have a system monitor setup to maintain this.