Executes an SQL query against the selected database and return the results in file.
Let’s build and execute the querytofileDef example.
- Create a new definition called “querytofileDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a querytofile step from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and querytofile step
- Click on the “querytofile” step to configure its properties
- Configure the following values for the properties as shown on the below graphic
- Save the process definition, create a process instance and execute. The step should create file from SQL results.
- The column headers in the output excel file matches the columns specified in the SQL query with regards to text case.