This step reads froms a TEXT file.
Let’s build and execute the “readTxtFileDef” example.
- Create a new definition called “readTxtFileDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a “readFile” step from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and “readFile” step
- Configure Variable variable.newFilePath as string
- Click on the “readFile” step to configure its “Settings” properties. Provide a name to the step. Provide the input file path having text content. Provide a variable/global that holds the text content after execution.
- Save the process definition, create a new process instance and execute. Render the process instance. Click on the process step to view the properties. The step should read the file contents to the variable/global.