Using this step, send messages between workflow instances or within the same workflow instance. This step is used for inter process communication – IPC. Other workflows can be configured with the step “waitForMessages”; to wait for incoming messages.
NOTE: If you want to send the message to all waiting workflows, then we recommend writing a custom event handler and then send the message to that. Using the FlowWright API, the event handler should get all waiting workflow instances and call send message on each one.
Let’s build and execute the sendMessagesDef example.
- Create a new definition called “sendMessagesDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag the above controls from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and controls as above
- Save the process definition, create a process instance and execute. The SendMessage step should publish/send messages to the process.