File widget lets renders a file attachment control for selecting and uploading file attachments.
Let’s build and execute the FileWidgetDef example.
- Create a new form definition called “FileWidgetDef”
- Select the Open Designer checkbox and click the “Create” button
- Drag a File widget to the canvas
- Double-click on the widget to configure the Settings inputs as shown in the below graphic
- The file upload can be restricted to a specific file type by its extension and size (MB)
- The file can be configured as REQUIRED during runtime
- The files may be downloaded when form is rendered and also when the FILE widget is configured as ReadOnly.
- Configure the Styling and Other inputs as shown in the below graphic
- Click on Save button and Close the popup window
- Create a new form instance and edit the form. Upload the file attachments. The rendered widget will look as shown in the below graphic
- Upload a file attachment exceeding 1 MB in file size (the file may be single or multiple). The rendered widget will look as shown in the below graphic