This step will change the name of the workflow instance while executing the instance. In some applications, workflow instances are initiated with a temporary name, once the workflow starts to execute, a step might compute the name of the instance.
Let’s build and execute the renameInstanceDef example.
- Create a new definition called “renameInstanceDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a renameInstance step from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and renameInstance step
- Click on the “renameInstance” step to configure its properties
- Configure the following values for the properties as shown on the below graphic
- Save the workflow definition, create a workflow instance and execute. Step should rename current workflow instance.