This step renames the existing directory with a new name on the application server.
- newDirectoryName – File name to be renamed to. Ex: - testNew.txt to rename.txt.
- directoryPath - path of the source where the directory resides
- True – step executed successfully
- False – step failed to execute
Let’s build and execute the “renameDirectoryDef” example.
- Create a new definition called “renameDirectoryDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a “renameDirectory” step from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and “renameDirectory” step
- Click on the “renameDirectory” step to configure its “Settings” properties. Provide a name to the step.
- Click on the “renameDirectory” step to configure its “Advanced” properties. Provide the source directory file path to be renamed. Provide a new directory name.
- The “Logging” setting configuration is necessary for documentation and also measure the workflow progress and the percent complete. This is acheived by configuring the step state and percent fields individually as shown in the images below. Configure the “Logging” using the following properties.
- Save the process definition, create a new process instance and execute. Render the process instance. Click on the process step to view the properties. The step should rename the existing directory with a new name.
- A sample folder path is provided for reference - before change.
- Click on the “renameDirectory” process step to view the properties.
- The folder path for reference - after change.