This step writes text content to create a TEXT file.
- contentVariable -Variable/Global that holds the content
- txtVarGlobalFilePath – Variable/Global that holds the output filepath
- True – step executed successfully
- False – step failed to execute
Let’s build and execute the “writeTxtFileDef” example.
- Create a new definition called “writeTxtFileDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a “writeFile” step from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and “writeFile” step
- Configure Variable variable.newFilePath as string
- Click on the “writeFile” step to configure its “Settings” properties. Provide a name to the step. Provide a variable/global that holds the text content or input the text context in the space. Provide a variable/global to hold the output filepath after execution.
- The “Logging” setting configuration is necessary for documentation and also measure the workflow progress and the percent complete. This is acheived by configuring the step state and percent fields individually as shown in the images below. Configure the “Logging” using the following properties.
- Save the process definition, create a new process instance and execute. Render the process instance. Click on the process step to view the properties. The step should write the contents from the variable/global to the output TEXT file specified . Render the process instance which is completed to view the step properties.