Get workflow user full name
- userNameOrID- User name or workflow user id
- varGlobalForName- Variable/Global to hold the full name
- True – step executed successfully
- False – step failed to execute
Let’s build and execute the getUserFullNameDef example.
- Create a new definition called “getUsersFullNamesDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a getUsersFullNames from the toolbox and connect the steps as above
- Click on the getUsersFullNames step to configure its “Settings” properties. Provide the step name. Provide the workflow user's GUID. Provide the variable/global to hold the user full name after execution.
- The “Logging” setting configuration is necessary for documentation and also measure the workflow progress and the percent complete. This is acheived by configuring the step state and percent fields individually as shown in the images below. Configure the “Logging” using the following properties.
- Save the process definition, create a new process instance and execute.
- Render the process instance. Click on the process step. The process step should get workflow user full name.