Generates a global unique identifier
Let’s build and execute the GenerateIdDef example.
- Create a new definition called “GenerateIdDef”
- Select the definition and click the “design” button
- Drag a GenerateID step from the toolbox
- Connect the dots between the start and GenerateID steps as shown below
- Select one “Generateid” step to configure its properties
- Configure the following values for the properties as shown on the below graphic. The ID type is a free flowing text tag. Use the dropdown to select the ID types. Repeat the configuration for other GenerateID steps. The ID start value shall be the same.
- Save the process definition, create a new process instance and execute. The step shall generate a global unique identifier. Select the process instance to render and check on the variables configured to store the unique ID value.