Execute form is able to display a form to the user, once the form is submitted, a workflow instance is automatically created and executed based on the widget configuration.
Let’s build and execute the ExecuteFormDef example.
- Create a new form definition called “ExecuteFormDef”
- Select the Open Designer checkbox and click the “Create” button
- Drag a ExecuteForm widget to the canvas
- Double-click on the widget to configure the inputs as shown in the below graphic
- Click on "Select Form Definition" drop-down and select existing form definition
- Click on "Select Workflow Definition" drop-down and select relevant workflow definition related to form definition
- Click on "Select variables to hold Form-ID" drop-down and select variable existing in the workflow definition
- Click on Save button and Close the popup window
- Generate a new Form Instance. Navigate to Actions menu and Edit the form instance. The rendered widget will appear as shown in the below graphic.
- On Click, the "Execute Form" widget shall render the form based on the configuration and waits for any user input and a Submit button to proceed. The form is submitted successfully as shown in the below graphic.
- The "Execute Form" widget shall execute the form, create a new workflow instance. Navigate to Form Instance page to view the new workflow instance created automatically.